Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Day 2011

Wonderful day - had 8 for breakfast this morning: hash browns, sausage, ham, french toast, fresh grapefruit and cranberry nut bread with coffee. I had my Medifast eggs and coffee.

Gracie & Zach played downstairs afterword, John & I cleaned up the kitchen and JJ, Jenn & Sarah headed home to clean up the house from Christmas and get ready for the week. The grand kids came upstairs and we had a tea party together. Gracie & I played UNO Attack and Zach was playing with the DVDs and the TV looking for a cartoon. Then I pulled out the Moon Sand for both of them and the ice cream scoops and trays. They had fun with that too. They asked if they could watch The Incredibles and we did. Gracie & I did her nails in a pretty pink color, although she thought the color should be a little darker, she liked it. We had a good time and they helped me clean up before they left when dad came back to get them.

Gracie couldn't help herself, she asked if they could have a sleepover. Zach said he wasn't ready for that and he and his dad had to start building his car for the Cub Scout toy car race. He was really excited about the race next weekend. Gracie was disappointed but I told her that we could plan a sleepover and set it up and have a great time on another weekend.

I realize that my time with the kids and sleepovers is limited and that made the decision more difficult. I love spending time with them, but try to balance that with what their parents want and need. I hope the grand kids remember the good times we had together and things that we've shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment