Saturday, June 25, 2011

Foodie Thoughts

These past weekends in May & June have been packed with events. Never a dull moment and oh-so-busy. Weddings, bridal showers, graduation parties, dance recitals, Mother's & Father's Day, Dad & Mom's 62nd Wedding Anniversary...I can't remember a summer this busy in recent years.
The reoccurring theme is that they all revolve around people and food. Good times.
I'm 46 pounds lighter now and I'm 30 inches smaller all around....but this is still difficult to manage. I have to make an effort to talk to people not near the food, or keep a calorie free drink in my hands. I just wish I'd be confident enough to walk into a room and not even SEE the food or think about it. It should be the last thing on my mind, but it never is....
It's been great seeing family & friends again. I keep trying to make the events more about the conversation and less about food. It's a constant battle with my food addiction.
At Medifast, I'm on week 40. Even if I was losing only 2 lbs each week, I should be down by 80 lbs now. Fact is, I'm not so strict with the program and I HATE keeping a food journal. I eat outside of the plan and then try to be better - worried I blew the week. I like flavored creamer in my coffee, I put shredded cheese on my salad that has shredded carrots, cabbage and radishes in it. These things are not on the plan. Black coffee can have milk with it, 2 cups coffee per day, recommended no carrots, no radishes...it's hard to feel normal. So here's the thing....follow it strictly and get it over with!
Why does it have to be so expensive? ...especially these days? The economy is in the tank and getting worse. Not a positive thought in my head right now. Think I'll sign off and pick up again tomorrow.
Yeah, tomorrow's another day and it'll be better...please God.

No comments:

Post a Comment